EcoSpark has launched Our Solar Future (OSF), a free classroom resource linked to the Ontario curriculum which helps grade 6 teachers conduct a hands-on science unit on solar PV. The integrated nature of OSF’s design allows teachers to integrate language arts, mathematics, and visual arts with the science and technology electricity and electrical devices unit. OSF contains three rich performance tasks based on solar electricity as well as ten training activities to prepare students to excel at the tasks.
GreenLearning Canada and EcoSpark have teamed up to allow teachers using OSF to collaborate. On the COOL 2.0 website, you can:
- share ideas on how to use, augment, or adapt Our Solar Future
- view and post photos and videos of completed projects
- discuss adaptations and implementations
- see and post adapted lesson plans, hand-outs, or project extensions
- gain access to Word versions of the Our Solar Future resource.
At COOL 2.0, have a look at the questions that other teachers have posed to solar experts. You can also your own questions. Visit Our Solar Future Collaborative Project to learn more. You will need to log in to COOL 2.0 to participate.