We are very pleased to announce COOL 2.0, a powerful new online community for teaching and learning about climate change! COOL 2.0 gives you access to hundreds of teaching resources on energy and sustainability. Look for resources created by Canadian teachers, GreenLearning Canada, and many of our partner ENGOs — among them, UNICEF Canada, Sustainability Frontiers, Biosphere, Wild BC, and Earth Day Canada. COOL 2.0 also provides you with a robust web 2.0 platform for customizing resources, creating assignments, and connecting with colleagues.
What can you do at cool.greenlearning.ca?
- Access lesson plans and activities, videos, research and data, and collaborative projects.
- Search for teaching resources by keyword, grade level, subject, province, language, and more.
- Use Teacher Space to tailor COOL 2.0 resources for your students.
- Create assignments that integrate blogs, mapping, online discussions, and media galleries.
- Exchange ideas in the Teacher Forum, meet colleagues, and team up to collaborate on class projects.
To create COOL 2.0, we initially hosted a design retreat with teachers, youth leaders, curriculum consultants, and ministry of education representatives from across Canada. With a design blueprint in hand, we then partnered with TakingITGlobal, a number of leading energy and environment education organizations, as well as Canadian ministries of education. Visit the COOL 2.0 Partners page for a list of current partners.
COOL 2.0 is free to teachers, thanks to generous support by TD Bank and the Suncor Energy Foundation. Log in to COOL 2.0 with your GreenLearning ID and password, or register on the COOL 2.0 homepage.
Discover the best in climate change education at COOL 2.0!