eCards is current and timely, helping young people explore and understand energy options for today and into the future — their future.
eCards meets students where they like to be: on the web. The eCards website gives students all of the balanced, current and age-appropriate information they need to conduct their research and create their eCards.
eCards enables our youth and future leaders to share their knowledge and express their opinions to others outside the classroom in an online environment.
Designed for a variety of learning styles, eCards is differentiated learning made easy. See a selection of sample eCards.
Who is eCards for?
Our student resource materials were written specifically for Canadian students in Grades 7 to 11.
eCards meets curriculum expectations in Geography, Science, Language Arts (especially Media Literacy), Visual Arts and Information Technology.
Click here for the curriculum links for Ontario. Links for other provinces are coming soon.
How does eCards work?
With eCards, students:
- learn and answer online research questions about an energy-related topic
- distill a message that they think is important
- create an eCard with their own words and artwork
- email it to a decision-maker.
How is it teacher-moderated? Is it secure?
The teacher provides online feedback to each student along the way. With your final approval, students send their eCards to family members, friends, energy companies or even politicians!
Students use a login and password to work securely without ever leaving the eCards website. The site offers all of the balanced, current and age-appropriate information they need to conduct their research and create their eCards.
As a teacher who registers, what can I expect the eCards resource to provide?
- coverage of curriculum expectations in Geography, Science, Language Arts, Visual Arts and Information Technology
- an innovative and structured eLearning approach to topical issues
- comprehensive Teacher Materials — from activities to introduce eCards to your class in the Teacher's Guide to eCards right through to assessment rubrics and wrap-up activities
- a website that is secure and easy to navigate
- everything you need to give your students an authentic experience in research and advocacy.
GreenLearning strives to develop in young people a deep understanding of energy in their lives, and the skills to think critically, make decisions and take action.
When you bring GreenLearning programs like eCards into your classroom, you serve your students in many ways:
- Development of citizenship and character
- Enhancement of creative and critical thinking
- Development of deeper understanding
- Integration of diverse subject areas
- Broad curriculum coverage
- Higher achievement level
- Positive reinforcement from others
- Opportunities for collaboration