- Students will understand the concept of negative externalities.
- Students will understand the concept of climate change as a negative externality.
- Students will understand the need for government intervention to address climate change.
- Students will understand the effects of collective action to address a negative externality.
- Grade 10 Science
- Grade 10 - 12 Environmental Science in British Columbia
- Grade 10 - 11 Social Studies in Alberta
- Grade 12 Canada & World Studies in Ontario
Length of Activity
- 1 to 1.5 hours
- Topic Backgrounder
- TEG Calculator
- Marking Rubric
- Computer (with Microsoft Excel)