- Students will understand policy in the context of Indigenous relations.
- Students will be able to think critically about engagement when designing policies.
- Students will learn about Indigenous youth engagement and empowerment in shaping a low carbon future.
- Students learn about the medicine wheel, a foundational framework used by many Indigenous nations to recognize balance, interconnectedness, and wholeness of well-being.
- Grade 10 Science
- Grade 10 - 12 Environmental Science in British Columbia
- Grade 10 - 11 Social Studies in Alberta
- Grade 12 Canada & World Studies in Ontario
Length of Activity
- 1.5 to 2 hours
- Topic Backgrounder
- Marking Rubric
- Internet Enabled Device
- Power to the People - Episode 1: available on APTN Lumi. Educators may subscribe for a free 5-day trial to access the streaming service and play the episode. No credit card required. https://aptnlumi.ca/
- Two large sheets of chart-paper and markers