Launched in 2012, COOL 2.0 is a powerful online community for teaching and learning about climate change. Designed to bring you the best in climate change education, COOL 2.0 gives you access to hundreds of teaching resources on energy, the environment, and sustainability. Look for lesson plans, research, and videos posted by teachers and our many partner ENGOs — among them, UNICEF Canada, Sustainability Frontiers, Biosphere, Wild BC, and Earth Day Canada. COOL 2.0 also provides you with a robust web 2.0 platform, powered by TIGed, where you can customize resources, create assignments, and connect with colleagues.
What can you do at cool.greenlearning.ca?
- Access the best in climate change education with lesson plans and activities, videos, research and data, and collaborative projects.
- Search the Education Database by keyword, grade level, subject, province, language, and more.
- Use Teacher Space to customize resources for your students.
- Create assignments that integrate blogs, mapping, online discussions, and media galleries.
- Meet colleagues, exchange ideas in the Teacher Forum, and team up to collaborate on class projects.
Like all GreenLearning programs, COOL 2.0 is free to teachers. Log in to COOL 2.0 with your GreenLearning ID and password, or register on the COOL 2.0 homepage. Discover the best in climate change education at cool.greenlearning.ca!